Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The 12 Kits of Occasions: October 2013



This year is just speeding by.  It is hard to believe that October is almost over, and that means it is time for my 12 Kits of Occasions post.  Our theme this month is Autumn and Thanksgiving and our hostess is Kara of KandRdesigns. Kara sent such a wonderful kit with lots of fun and unusual items.  I used some and hoarded some, so I can make some more cards when I see what everyone else has done.  Here is a picture of this month's kit:



Photo by Kara

I am going to jump right into my cards since there is a lot to see.  This first card is my favorite.  I used a piece of card stock that Kara had included that she had stamped with a beautiful leaf collage.  I used some of my own leaf dies to cut into that paper, built the die cuts up a bit, and then replaced them.  It turns out that this technique has an official name, and is the topic of this week's Make it Monday #138:  Inlaid Die Cuts.  Check out Betsy's video for more a detailed tutorial.  I will be submitting this card to this week's Make it Monday challenge.






Kara sent these really cool gold leaves, and I was only brave enough to use just one of them.  But, I did use almost the entire piece of woodgrain paper from the kit.






I colored this image with Prisma color pencils.  Must say that I am not in love with the colors I chose and my coloring job.




I fussy cut some of the Autumn Hills images and paired them up with one of the die cut words and some of the patterned papers in the kit for my last card.  







The challenge at Simon Says Monday is Anything Goes, and I will be submitting all of today's cards there.

That's it for me today.  I have so many leftover supplies, and I know I will see lots of fun ways to use them when I see the posts from all the other members of 12 kits.  Thank you so very much, Kara, for sending such a wonderful kit.  You can also see a complete supply list on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog, by clicking on the Supplies tab on the upper right.
Please stop by our 12 Kits of Occasions blog page, and also visit all the other members of our 12 Kits of Occasions group.



Joyce (that's me)























 
Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. Your inlay leaf card is sooo pretty! Love the single gold leaf on the woodgrain paper : gorgeous! Beautiful bow on the autumn blessings card,you don't do a bow too often (right?) You even got a few challenges in ,I think I might add mine to SSS as well,thanks for the tip. Gorgeous cards here today Joyce! October went by in a blink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you...ahead of the trend by coming up with the die cut card before the Make It Monday video! Great idea and one I want to try. I love that you made your own Autumn Hills with patterned paper on the last card and I even see a bow...that card is my favorite! Love that you used one of the gold leaves...I was not brave enough to do it and now I regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce all your cards are so gorgeous. I love the inlaid leaves on the first card. I knew I should have gotten those leaf dies when they came out. I love your brown bow and how you created a scene on your thankful card, Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful Joyce! I can't decide on just one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...you are amazing as always! 4 fabulous cards and your use of the inlayed leaves, so beautiful. My favorite of your collection in your autumn hills, and your fussy cutting simply spot on! I love that you used the patterned paper to make your own hills, just beautiful. Your coloring of the autumn blessing is gorgeous! I thought about coloring mine but knew it would look like one of my pre-schoolers did and they would do a better job too. Love them all Joyce...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous, Joyce, but I especially love the first one, with the die cut leaves layered over top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Joyce, all of them. The inlay card is lovely with the pieces cut outside the prints. Love the gold leaf too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, I particularly love the first one, so elegant! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL cards, Joyce! This kit has some amazing pieces in it ~ your single gold leaf is the perfect statement of Autumn Thankfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, these are all really sensational cards, but I have to agree with you about the inlaid die cuts card, your first one. It is phenomenal and I'm so hoping to CASE it soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards- I love the thankful/autumnal theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Joyce!
    We were thinking along the same lines with that gorgeous woodgrain paper and gold leaf...
    and love those autumn hills you created with the patterned paper!
    Fabulous cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! i love how you die cut leaves from the stamped panel! love the simple leaf all on it's own and your beautiful patterned hills!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous, Joyce ... all of them! My particular favorite is the gold leaf one ... simple, gorgeous and striking, especially so against the woodgrain background! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're gorgeous, Joyce! The inlaid leaves look awesome and what a fabulous technique---must try that! Your gold leaf card is so wonderful. Did you cringe like I did when using most of the woodgrain? I debated about saving it but then gave in! Love your scene with patterned paper hills too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like such a fun kit to play with - love the way you die cut the stamped paper on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad I don't have to pick a favorite, Joyce, because they are all beautiful. I'm anxious to see what the rest of the gals have created. You've given me lots of inspiration and ideas for future cards ~ thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are beautiful! I really really like how you diecut the leaves on the stamped paper. It is a wonderful look! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful cards! Love the replaced die cuts card especially. Wow! They are all fantastic. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your inlaid leaf card, great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic cards, Joyce! I'm dying over your inlaid die cut leaves...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous bunch of cards! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous kit, and you did a great job with it. The gold leaf card is particularly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everyone's cards are so beautiful this month, and yours have given me even more ideas for using my leftovers! The inlaid die cut leaves are particularly brilliant. What a cool idea! I still have my gold leaves and woodgrain paper, and I can see a CASE of your second card in my near future. I love your use of the patterned papers on your last two cards, especially the rolling hills. And you are much too hard on yourself over your coloring of the vase image. I think the colors are fantastic! The satin bow on that card is absolutely perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Where to begin?? I have fallen in love with the inlaid leaves into that pattern!!! Soo gorgeous! And the simple design of the gold leaf layered over that woodgrain paper? Simple divine!!!! My kinda card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Playing kit catch up! I just love your autumn scene with the sweetly colored house and the rolling patchwork hills! The golden leaf is lovely with the woodgrain and that rich patterned paper. Gorgeous autumn projects, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...