Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy Halloween and Happy Holidays




My first card today is for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS #50--when I saw this card on Tracey's blog, it reminded me that I bought these fabulous 'trick or treat' dies and never used them.  Well, at least, now I have used them once.  I used some black dimensional foam squares to pop everything up.  I knew that those black squares would come in handy one day. 




I'd better make sure to mail this card, since I lined an envelope to match.  The green and black paper is from an old Martha Stewart Halloween pad, and it is glittery and textured.










 


My next two cards are holiday cards that will be added to the stash I am making for this year's Caring Hearts Card Drive.  I am also entering both of them into the Simon Says...Christmas/Happy Holidays Wednesday Challenge.




First up is a card with a little country scene, for this week's CASology cue card 'country'.  I loved the sponging I saw on this inspiration card, and just had to break out my brand new Mama Elephant Winter Wonderland stamps.








Last up today is a card using this week's ColourQ cQc #212 colors.  I know I am supposed to be thinking Halloween, as these colors are perfect for this holiday--and that cute image.  But, I wanted to do something else.  Inspired by this card I saw this morning by Laura Bassen, I strung up some holiday lights.  I put a dab of stickles into the white spot on every light.  If I have time later in the week, I'll come back to this challenge with something for Halloween.





Supplies Used (PTI):
Trick or Treat
No Stamps--just realized that 
Paper:  White, True Black, Martha Stewart Halloween Pad, Recollections
Ink:  none
Dies:  Tricky Trio, Spellbinders Circles

Deer
Stamps:  Mama Elephant Winter Wonderland, Think Big
Paper:  White
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Distress Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass
Other:  Clear EP

Holiday Lights
Stamps:  Holiday Lights, Snowflake Flurries, Banner Builders
Paper:  White
Ink:  Orange Zest, Limeade Ice, Winter Wisteria, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Stickles



Thanks for Visiting

29 comments :

  1. Oh Joyce, I REJOICE, this Mamelephant new release card creation is DIVINE! This card is a perfect "THE Christmas Card" Laura Bassen is such an inspiration, then again so are YOU!

    Thanks for sharing your talents this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second card Joyce - it is so fresh & crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy again. Love that Halloween card with the matching liner…gorgeous paper too. Love the simplicity of the colored light card. The dear card is adorable and you used such a sweet sentiment to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my....I am so jealous!!! You have all the new stamps to play with and did an amazing job with all the them. Your final card is my fav, I love those light strung across your card, so festive. But then your sweet deer card is equally amazing and your sponging is perfect. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous cards Joyce. I love your matching envelope for your Halloween card and your holiday cards are just perfect. I really want that set from Mama Elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow three absolutely gorgeous cards Joyce!! I can't stop checking then out. Your Trick or Treat card is so much fun, love the paper. The Mama Elephant card and stamps is just amazing with the perfect sponging. Yes I wish I got those stamps now. Then your colourQ bulbs are so much fun too. Thank you so much for joining us at both CASology and the colourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they're all so amazing! The papers for the Halloween card are great. The bit of sparkle and the matching envelope look fantastic. LOVE the sweet deer card and the strings of lights. I ordered that ME set and am waiting for it to arrive--SO glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, such fun cards and your lights are wonderful! So glad I could inspire you to use your colors for Christmas! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ and also for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally into Christmas too...love that you used the "Halloween" colors for a holiday card Joyce! I also really LOVE that card with the cute deer and trees...I am looking at something very similar out my window this morning! Looks like you have been having a lot of fun with your stamps lately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards, Joyce! Love the clean design of your CASology (actually of both!) card - thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness ... what a feast for the eyes, Joyce! Halloween card ... striking and bold, with the most fabulous DP .. awesome. Deer ... beautiful background inking and such a sweet country scene. Light garland ... gorgeously CAS. What a lovely visit! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great cards! love the deer and the xmas lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Halloween card, Joyce ~ the MS paper is fabulous (of course)!
    Love the peaceful scene of your first Holiday card and the festive feel of the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable cards, but your holiday lights are the cutest! A clever way to use those colors! Thanks for participating in the CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sentiment on your spooky halloween card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your cards this week. You mixed those patterns very well with your Halloween card. Your COUNTRY card is so elegant - might have to get those stamps myself (you enabler you!). And the stickles are the perfect touch to the holiday lights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They're all fabulous but really lovin' that simply perfect country Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there!!! I stopped by again to say I cased your holiday lights card. If you see it you may laugh, I do.
    Have a great day Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic combination of challenges Joyce...looks like you've been busy! What beautiful CAS designs...they are all so different. I'd never have thought of using the Colour Q combo in a Christmas card but it's worked perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards Joyce and I especially like your take on the country theme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joyce, all of your cards are fabulous! I love the quiet country scene you have created on your CASology card...so glad you joined in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really like your Halloween card, and your holiday lights card...but simply adore your deer card. Perfect blue colors and sweet deer silhouette. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  23. fun halloween card, love the sponged background on your second card and the 3rd is wonderfully CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely cards, really nice range of colours and techniques and you've managed to work in some of my favorite challenges too. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  25. wonderful set of cards... I really like the design of your CASology card. so wonderfully clean and crisp! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab collection of cards - I especially love your country card - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your HM spot at CASology, Joyce, with your gorgeous deer-in-the-forest scene! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your cards are lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with ColourQ last week! Sorry it took me so long to hop around to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats again!! Love how you turned these halloweeny type colors into something for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...