Monday, July 1, 2013

Three cards for Monday






Happy Monday and first day of July.  Summer is in full swing here.  My first card today is for the sketch portion of this week's Fusion Challenge #13.  I used the colors of this week's Play Date Cafe PDCC #188, Lavender Moon, SU Pretty in Pink, and SU Strawberry Slush.  I am also entering this card into this week's A Blog Named Hero #27 challenge to use your favorite Hero Arts stamp.  Really--are they kidding--how could I pick a favorite?  Today my favorite is this Hero Arts Blossom Art set, since it is my newest set.  Honestly, to play this challenge properly, I should make a card per day (for a long time)--and I just may try to do that. 








Edited to add:  I am also entering this card into the challenge this month at Die Cut Divas, which is to use flowers and a die cut anywhere on your card.  Hannah at Die Cut Divas was kind enough to tell me that this card was eligible for their challenge this month, and that I was the random winner for July.  
 



My next card is inspired by the Monday Mood Board #15 at WPlus9.  I was inspired by the craft, black and gold color scheme, as well as the black tag embossed in gold.  I used Paisley Patterns stamped in Brilliance Galaxy Gold and Versafine Onyx Black.  The gold stamping is a bit hard to see, in the photo, but it is there in person.  I embossed my sentiment in gold on black cardstock.








 

Last up for me today is a card for this week's Color Throwdown CTD248 and CAS-ual Fridays CFC107: Hunger Games to use an arrow.  I wanted to pull out my new Live Love Life stamp set, and was inspired by this card by Dawn during the release.






Simon Says Stamp and Show has a new challenge up today--Anything Goes--so I will also be entering all of these cards into that challenge as well.


Supplies Used (PTI):
So Happy for You
Stamps:  WPlus9 Strictly Sentiments, Hero Arts Blossom Art
Paper:  White, SU Strawberry Slush
Ink:  Lavender Moon, SU Strawberry Slush, Pretty in Pink, Versafine Smokey Grey
Other:  Lil Inkers Stitched Squares, SSS Tilted Banners, Linen/Canvas IP, Glossy Accents

Sending Happy Thoughts
Stamps:  WPlus9 Paisley Patterns, Strictly Sentiments
Paper:  White, Kraft, True Black
Ink:  Brilliance Galaxy Gold, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Other:  Ranger Gold Embossing Powder, Twine, Tag Sale Die

Yay for You
Stamps:  Live Love Life
Paper:  White, SU Soft Sky, True Black
Ink:  SU Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink, Soft Sky, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Linen/Canvas and Striped IP, Kraft Mix Sequins (Avery Elle)



Thanks for Visiting




31 comments :

  1. Wow..... some really beautiful cards! Especially love the first - such pretty florals with the bright banner peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Joyce. Love the gorgeous colours in the first one. The gold and black is very striking and I love the paisley design. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous but I am in LOVE with the first one. Those flowers are fabulous and I love how you've got the banner peeking out on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce fabulous trio of cards! I love that first one with those sweet posies and the colors are so pretty. Your Mood Board card is stunning but you last card is my favorite, just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards..love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards Joyce ! Don't know how you do it! I made one card today and I have a huge mess. I love your paisley card ,beautifully stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are wonderful! Love the simplicity of your first card! That banner is such a cool element and those flowers really pop against all the white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy--wonderful work! I absolutely love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards - LOVE the flowers in the first one and clever way the banner is peeking out from each side!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce I love all of your cards, you are so good at combining challenges my friend. Such pretty flowers on your first card. Your PTI chevrons are gorgeous and your design perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards. The hunger games is a fab book. The paisley background really stands out in your w9 plus stamps card and your stamped arrows are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great soft color combo on your arrow card....and love that U with arrow inside it...Beautifully done..


    I am also joining the Cas ual Friday challenge...my card is number 71 if you maybe like to see it..and I would be so happy if you could leave me some love..big hugs from Germany...Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards...
    love the simplicity of the first one...
    and that last one...
    to be inspired by The Hunger Games...
    awesome!
    Can't wait for Catching Fire this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Cards Joyce! you should head over to the Die Cut Diva's blog you won Junes Challenge! Congratulations!


    P.S. Your flower card is eligible for this months flower challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A trio of gorgeousness! I know what you mean about the ABNH challenge. I don't think I could pick a favourite stamp from any stamp company! Love the colours and the banner tucked behind the stitched mat.

    The paisley stamps were the perfect choice for your mood board card - very leopard print-esque in a way!

    I don't usually like to play favourites but #3 is my fave today. Love the colours and the fun overlapping arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Joyce! I always love seeing what you've been up to! Three beautiful cards and all so different I wont even try to pick a fave. I love the cas flowers on the first, the pop of colors on the second, and the formal dramtic look of the black on the kraft of the last.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards, Joyce! I love how you tucked that banner behind the panel!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glorious, Joyce ... all three ... the pretty posy, the striking black and gold, and those deliciously yummy coloured arrows! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce, first of all, you are a creating machine! I mean, really! I love your first card and how you combined pink and purple. Not an easy task for sure. I love your splash against the white. And your card for CAS-ual Fridays...um, I wish I had that stamp set. I absolutely love your card!!! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such great cards - each so beautiful and inspiring.

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the embossed strip along the side of your Live Love Life card - adds a touch of texture

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful cards, AGAIN, Joyce! The arrows on your last card are so current and trendy. Love 'em! So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful cards and great designs. but I am loving the arrow card. awesome work! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love love love love your cards <3 First one is just so CAS. And that second one is just perfect!! And I love all the chevrons and arrows in your last card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such beautiful work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. tons of fun cards! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of your cards are great, Joyce--I always like visiting your blog! Great take on the WPlus9 Monday Mood Board, I really like the embossed sentiment!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Talk about and overload of fabulous Joyce! All three are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Wplus9.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous cluster of flowers on your FUSION card Joyce :) So glad to see you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Joyce congratulations on winning last month at Die Cut Divas. I love this card you created for this month's theme. It looks amazing & I adore the clean & simple style you created. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...