Friday, May 31, 2013

The Twelve Kits of Holidays: May 2013





It is the last day of May and time for my monthly post with my "12 Kits" Group.  Reveal day is always such fun, as I get to see what everyone else did with the same supplies I received.  This month our focus is on Get Well, Thank You and Thinking of You, and our host is Marybeth from Marybeth's Time for Paper.  Here is a picture of the gorgeous kit she sent us.  There were so many fun elements in this kit, and it was chock full of supplies that were new to me.  I made 5 cards this time--and I stillI have lots of supplies left over to case some of the wonderful designs I'm sure I'll see as I hop around our group.

Photo Courtesy of Kara


There were quite a few elements that were well suited for coloring, and I was in the mood to color when I took out my kit to play, so it was a perfect fit.  Of course, I needed to start with that darling owl--I'm sure Marybeth put this little guy in just for me.  I colored him with Inktense pencils and a water brush.





I colored this cute umbrella with Copics.  It's a bit hard to see, but I attempted to make polka dots with the colorless blender.






I think this is my favorite of the bunch.  I loved this image, and it was fun to see it come to life as I colored it in with Copics.













I will be entering the first three cards of this post into this week's Simon Says...Anything Goes challenge.




That's it for me today.  If you want a complete supply list, head on over to Marybeth's blog.  I am eager to see what the other members of our group did, and I'll bet that you are too.  Thank you so much, Marybeth, for sending such an incredible kit. 
 
Here is the list of participants:


Joyce (that's me)
 

Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. Your favourite is my favourite too! Love the colours and image - totally fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Marybeth included that adorable owl for you too...
    so I knew I would be seeing him here...
    and he's fabulous! :)
    Love the blooms...
    they just come right off the paper set against all the white!
    They're all fabulous...
    I can tell you had fun with this fantastic kit Marybeth sent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did put that owl in for you ! I bought him with you in mind, love that guy and the way you made him into a thank you card. I do see the polka dots on the beautiful umbrella card, love it! Love the flower card and the way you colored it! I just love that stamp! Your soup with gingham card is perfect ! What did we ever do without Lil Inkers stitched mats! Beautiful cards here Joyce! I knew they would be. I might link up to SS as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute creations! Have a fantastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, Marybeth is so sweet, she must have put that owl in for you! Oh, yes, I see above that she admitted it. Well you certainly did it justice! Love the soup on your pink gingham too, great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards intrigued me so that I just had to see what everyone else did. This is such a fun concept and you all did such a great job with the kits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards!!!! I love that owl card the best he's so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce all your cards are just wonderful as I was expecting. That owl coloured with the Inktense pencils is fantastic--what a great finished product. Your Copic colouring is fantastic and I love all the stitched mats too. Lots for me to CASE here. I like how you used your 'get well' die cuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great cards!! love all of your coloring. how do you like the inktense pencils? i have een them and wondered about them. how'd i know you i'd see that owl in your post ;)?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, your cards are so fun! Your coloring is stunning too, maybe I should have saved that one and sent it to you to color for me! I love what you did with your owl too. I have my uncolored owl in the same frame, just could not figure out what to do next so now I have an idea, thank you! Your getwell on the pink gingham is so sweet and anyone sick would love this card. But I really love them all so no favorite here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All are fabulous, Joyce! I was so glad that Marybeth included that little owl for you because then I got a chance to play with him too! He's so adorable. Love your Inktense coloring! And those flowers are so bright and gorgeous! It's a favorite for me too! I also love the soup images with the bold die cut placed on the gingham 'placemat'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the color on this post Joyce! The owl is fab (of course!) and your colored umbrella and SS flowers too (the stitched die cut out is perfect with these)! I can't pick a fave either! I couldn't figure out what to do with the birds or the get well - I'm going to have to case you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made great and fun cards with the kit, Joyce! I think they are all fantastic and I appreciate the inspiration to build my own stash of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew you'd make something awesome with that owl, Joyce! I love how you cut him out and then put him on the polka dot paper in the circle frame! But my absolute FAV is the soup one, I love how you stacked the bowls and used the "get well" so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As much as I like all your first cards, it's the stacked soup bowl card that's my favorite!!! I love that they look like they are sitting on the sentiment! Way cute and good job with coloring too!!! (I steered clear....hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards Joyce, I love that cute little owl.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are adorable this month, Joyce! You've inspired me to try some more coloring--your flowers are especially beautiful. You were so clever to perch the birds on the "get well" sentiment on one card and the soup bowls on another. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm late for an important date! So sorry I haven't been around to comment yet on all of the 12 Kits. I had quick looks that morning before work with my coffee but alas, had to actually leave my computer and go work, hee! I just LOVE the owl tucked in that cute die cut frame with his jaunty hat. I see that we both saw sprinkles when we looked at our sequins :) Love your with the mini umbrella and stitched borders. The colorful garden just makes me happy...so glad that lots of us used it has been such fun to see them all colored so differently! Ohhh and the lace with the birdies! I hoarded my lace, I just couldn't use it yet!! (??)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...