Sunday, January 6, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays #84







This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to create a clean and simple Thank You card.  I made some one layer Thank You cards to package up as a gift.  Before I could do that, my girls grabbed them and used them for their Chanukah thank you's.  I guess they really liked them, and I really didn't mind.  They were so quick and easy, that I made some more.

WARNING:  If you are sick and tired of my card sets and bookmarks, leave now and come again some other day.

Well, if you are still here, you must want to see my two latest sets--sets of flat note cards.  Each set has 4 cards with the 'Many Thanks' sentiment from PTI On the Farm.  I also put some Washi Tape on the envelopes.  The cards are A2 sized, and the pattern is from Washi Tape.  You can see the first time I made a set like this.  Also, check out Kim's fun set here.



The set also has 4 cards with the 'Just a Note' sentiment from PTI Postmarks.



I stamped a flower from Flower Fusion on the back of the card as well as the flap of the envelope.



Here are pictures of the other set:




The back of the card and the envelope flap:


Here are the Thank You cards side by side:




Here they are all packaged up.  I used a sentiment from PTI Homemade Hodgepodge and Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles and Stitched Squares.  I originally was hesitant to buy those Lil Inkers dies, because I thought they were kind of expensive.  I'm glad I got them, however, because I am using them all the time.






Here are some bookmarks I made to decorate the packaging just like I saw on Maile's blog here.



If you are wondering how I got the stitching on the bookmarks--I I put just that piece inside one of the Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles and ran it through my Big Shot.



I put some of my favorite little images from All Booked Up on the back of the bookmarks.




And, here is the final packaging:



I know I spent way more time on the packaging than I spent on the actual cards.  But, I'm happy with how they came out, and I know it will be quicker and easier next time.


Thanks for Visiting

14 comments :

  1. These are wonderful, beautiful gifts!! How could we get sick of seeing them??:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous gifts...
    I love the country vibe with all the little pieces of washi tape and that country font...
    looks like a quilt!
    And black, red and white...
    always a fave! :)
    and ditto for the bookmarks...
    love that washi tape!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the thank you sets Joyce & love the stitched edge dies. I don't know why I don't use washi more - I collect it & love the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness, Joyce! And great tips and inspiration, so thanks! I was the lucky recipient of a set of Kim's beautiful gift card sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup I am still here, never tire of your card sets or bookmarks Joyce. I am in love with your washi tape designs, note to self 'must CASE'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh my goodness, these are simply stunning! I love what you did with the different colors and patterns of the Washi Tape, just so stinking clever. I love your packaging too, made me remember that I have that stamp set with the homemade on it. And those bookmarks, another amazing treat to add to your already incredible gift. I need to get some more Washi Tape while I am out getting my white ink pad tomorrow. Thank you for all of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous! I especially like the first design. That would be a great way to use up patterned paper scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why on earth would we be sick of you sets or bookmarks...( I just placed an order last night because I had to have the long bookmark you used) I loved what you made. Sorry I didn't ask if you wanted anything .
    Oh my gosh I love the card sets you made with the washi tape. Just when I had a question about the top of the bookmark you answered it with a picture. I can see why the girls used them up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce these are wonderful! I could never be sick of your work. WOW! You have been busy letting the creative juices flow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous Joyce! I love the CAS designs on your cards, and the great patterned scraps you used. Those bookmarks are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous set, Joyce! I love your design. Will have to CASE your idea, if you don't mind:)
    Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Joyce, these are fantastic! Looks like they'd be easy to whip up in lots of different colors and patterns. My fave cards are the ones with the black and white papers--so stylish. And I'd have to make one of those bookmarks for myself if my 7 year old daughter didn't make me such sweet ones with fun messages like "Moms rule!". :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow-ee, where do I start?!? I LOVE, love, LOVE your colored washi thank you cards, how fun are these? Your set packaging makes them look so custom and special. And I laughed when I read your last comment about "next time it will be quicker." That's always what I tell myself when I've been in my craft room for hours and don't have much to show for it. I consider it an "investment" in some other project which will be much quicker because of my playing around now. Again, that's just what I tell myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these beautiful card sets! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...