Monday, January 2, 2012

A Rosie Posie Congrats


New Year--New Challenge!  I have been meaning to participate in this challenge for a while, and finally had a chance to try it out over the winter break.  The Challenge is Less is More, and this week's challenge is "JUST ONE WORD".  I made two cards, and you can see my second card here.  Both of my cards were inspired by this card by Danielle Flanders.



In the spirit of one of my crafting new years resolutions to get more of my cards out the door, this card has already been sent to my sweet friend Cathy from Empty Nest Crafter to congratulate her on her son getting engaged over Christmas.

Here is a peek at the inside:



Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Rosie Posie, Think Big Favorites, SU So Happy for You
Paper:  White


Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. Awesome card. I love the colors on this one. the black in the center really makes the image pop! The inside sentiment is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this! Haven't tried layering the border stips yet, will have to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Joyce, what lovely vibrant colours.
    Thanks so much and a very Happy New Year to you and yours.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    If you could remove the word verification from your blog it would help us enormously when commenting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been inking my hexagons like crazy too! I love the black you've mixed in - it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...just beautiful! I'm really loving those hexagons and you are so creative with them. Just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heaxagons look awesome! Aren't the new inks just fantastic!?!? I have been loving them SOOOO much! I've made a couple cards with hexagon backgrounds, but didn't think to just to a couple strips like this! Love the way it looks! Also love the way it looks with the colors changed up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors you used for the hexagons, such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card , very thoughtful of you to send Cathy a card. Love the mix of colors , did that take long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. I haven't got this set yet but I sure am excited to now. Those hexagons have been stamped to perfection. Super vibrant and perky colors too. Lovey card made for and by a super special lady. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely stunning! I love the colors you used and how you used them together to make it so balanced and pleasing to the eye! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another awesome card Joyce. Love the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the design and the colours! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...